5 Easy Steps to List Your Salon on Google Places
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT: If you don’t have a Google account or Gmail account then go here to sign up: https://www.google.com/accounts/newaccount. If you do have a Google account then skip this step.
2. CREATE A GOOGLE PLACES REQUEST: Once you have created a Gmail account for your business, go to http://www.google.com/places, and click on “Add new business”. You will be directed to another page and asked for the phone number of your business. This is only to check if Google Maps has already some information about your company. You will be able to edit any existing information found.
3. ENTER THE INFORMATION OF YOUR COMPANY: You will be directed to another page to enter information of your business such as address, phone number, email address, description, category, hours of operation, payment options, photos, videos, and additional details. Click on “Submit”.
4. VERIFICATION: PIN Verification is required. You can either receive the PIN via phone or mail. It’s easier to do it over the phone, because it takes less than five minutes. Via mail, it takes one to three weeks. Please note that you should be ready to answer the phone. They will call you to the number that you provided.
5. LIST YOUR BUSINESS: Now you just need to enter the PIN and your listing will appear on Google Places.
Google Places will allow you to add information about promotions, coupons, photos, videos, and more. Encourage your clients to leave reviews and post their own photos of your salon when they are there. It would also be beneficial to have them upload photos of their hair (you take the pic with their phone) and they can upload them from their phone to your business listing.